This resource supports Science of Reading–aligned practices through repeated reading, fluency development, vocabulary, comprehension, and building background knowledge. Watch for new resources coming soon that will provide additional practice with decoding and Poetry Fluency: Animal Homes features 20 original animal poems that give students engaging practice with reading fluency and comprehension while learning about animals and their habitats. Each poem also includes a fun animal fact to build vocabulary and background
| , I want this resource |
The resource is best suited for second-grade readers working at grade level, although it can also be used with strong first-grade readers toward the end of the school year, especially with teacher support. Repeated reading of the poems helps students develop accuracy, expression, and confidence while reading meaningful text. practice with reading fluency, vocabulary, comprehension, and building background knowledge.
I'm also excited to share that I'm working on new resources specifically designed around Science of Reading practices, including activities that give young readers opportunities to practice decoding and encoding.
Thank you for reading my note. Happy October!
Best regards
MrsQuimbyElementaryResources